Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love

These past few weeks have been somewhat crazy but we've really had a blast.
On Thursday, Darren and I headed to the Advance 09' conference in Durham with the staff guys and stayed through Saturday. We heard Mark Drischol, Matt Chandler, John Piper, Ed Stetzer and many other men speak. It was a wonderful learning experience.
After the conference ended on Thursday, we all headed to "The Pit" downtown and had some BBQ and Ribs. Donnie informed us that this was the place to be because it had been on the Food Network twice. Sure enough it was not disapointing. We all ate way too much. Not to mention as soon as we got to the hotel earlier that morning, Darren ripped his shorts ( On Saturday I let Darren have a little shopping spree to shop for more pants...the next size up. I was pretty proud of myself. I went to the Crabtree and Triangle Town Center & Ross and didn't by a thing). After dinner at the pit, he had to unbutton his jeans and couldnt get them buttoned back. He's been struggling with this for a few months now. He knows he gained weight when we got married but he was determined to get it off. Our busy schedules just arent conducive to a organic life full of exercise although we wished it was. We have to eat in a hurry alot of times and there's hardly time to exercise. I think we were literally awake in our house for maybe 1 hour yesterday. After work I went home and grabbed a frozen pizza, pizza stone, pizza cutter and some paper plates and made my way to the church office. Darren had some of the guys from the band practicing before heading off to the studio. I dropped him off at the studio and my friend Jill called and well to say the least she had kind of a bad day. I went over and we took her 3 kids to the park then I came back home with her and gave 2 of them a bath and then headed back to get Darren around 9pm. We got back home close to 10pm. Darren ate a bowl of cereal and we went to bed.
We have band practice tonight so it will be another one of those days.
Oh! I forgot to tell you! After we came back from the conference on Saturday, I decided to redecorate Darrens office so we stayed at the church until after 10 that night after a good trip to IKEA and it looks amazing. Pictures are soon to come. I wish I would have taken some "before" shots... oh well...

0 comments: