Monday, June 6, 2011

And June Begins....

So as I mentioned in my last post, Darren and I lead worship at the Speedway during the 600 race a few weekends ago. Below are 2 pictures I took that day.
 Below is Emily Scribner, she and I have become pretty good friends. We first met when she was a youth sponser during one of the youth events and stayed at our place during that camp.
It was really sticky and hot that day even with the large fan going. Not a good hair day.

I have been keeping up with my crocheting. I have so many friends having babies this fall I figured I should get a head start on some gifts. Here are some bibs I have started doing. I tried my hand at the sailboat for a friend of our in south Florida that will be having a boy in August.
They are so quick and easy to make.

A few weekends back we were invited to a fellowship with the Worship Team at Beth Gromis' house in Mooresville.  Below are a few pictures of Darren, his guitar buddy, Chris and his fiance'
While us girls chatted and watched the kids by the pool, the boys played a little basketball
We had a really good time. I helped us get to know everyone a little better.

We have a busy week ahead but we are looking forward to it. The week of the 20th is VBS at Hickory Grove North. It's a huge deal. I will be the one year old teacher and Darren will be helping with the kids music. It's from 6-8:45 Monday - Thursday so I'll be leaving work a little early to get there....pray my energy level picks up! haha I'm going to need it. 

0 comments: