Thursday, April 28, 2011

"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." - Dr Seuss

So let me fill you in on life since my last post. Well Darren and I have moved to another apartment in Charlotte which is about a million times better than our old one. We've taken interest in refurbishing furniture. So far we've redone 2 Dressers, 1 Lingerie Chest, & a Bench. I absolutely love it. We bought each piece for around $20 or $30 by way of Craigslist then with a little sanding, paint, & new hardware we made a piece of furniture in which we love and that has our flair.


Darren is hard at work on his Graphic Design. He's finishing up a Action Storybook that correlates with the film Lion of Judah that's due to be in Theatres in June of this year. The book will be sold in Lifeway Christian bookstores and possibly Walmart (they are meeting with their executives now). Along with the Graphics, D is still working at Masterworks School of the Arts, Freedom House Church and Hickory Grove North while I am still at IES and Snap Fitness.


We are constantly trying to figure out how this vacation thing is going to work this year. We are kind of pulled in a few different places with just a little bit of time off. Darren doesn't get paid time off from any of his gigs and I only get 1 week so time is precious. We know we want to make it out to Florida at some point this year for a visit. We would also like to visit friends and family in Nashville and still have time to come home for a while when Kelly gives birth to our little niece or nephew. So much to do, so little time. I'm sure things will work out. They always do.


I have taken up Crocheting as a hobby. I really like it. I've made quite a few baby hats which is cool. I have many requests for more. Darren would like to start Illustrating some of the children's books I've written so that should be fun...I'm really looking forward to it.


Mom and Dad came to visit over Easter weekend. I had been looking forward to that for quite a while. They even got to come to our church which is the first time that's happened in about 4 years believe it or not. Jude and Lola got along really well so that was a perk.


That's all I have for now. Until next time, don't take yourself too seriously!


0 comments: