Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4th 2009







On Thursday July 2nd, Darren and I took off right after I got off of work and headed to Greenville to see my family. We ended up getting there around 7:30ish despite the stopped traffic in Raleigh. We enjoyed watching "Marley and Me" with mom and dad that first night after settling in.



We woke up bright and early on Friday morning to take my car to get the fender painted in Washington. We had to be at the body shop by 7:30 am. After we dropped my car off, Darren and I along with mom and dad went to go pick blueberries. The four of us ended up picking 31 POUNDS!! That's a lot of blueberries. It was a wonderful time. I hate that I forgot my camera that day. Darren had a great time throwing blueberries at mom and dad. Mom finally got smart to it and started throwing them back...I think dad still thinks they were falling out of the trees... :)



After we got home, Darren and I did some swinging on the front porch before taking a trip to Sam's Club with mom and dad to prepare for Saturdays cookout.



Tim ended up coming over and Darren and Tim spent lots of time playing their guitars. While they were doing that, I went to go pick my car up from the body shop and they paint job was wonderful! It couldn't have matched any better! That was a blessing.



That night, Darren and I went to Tim and Kelly to hang out for a while. The guys played the guitars again while us girl just caught up on some much needed girl talk.



Saturday morning consisted of getting ready for the cookout. Darren and I went to Lowes to pick up some red and white flowers for the planters and then we took a short trip to T.J. MAXX and ROSS. When we arrived home, the company was there and the food was almost ready.



We had a great time. The boys played Frisbee and threw the baseball around for a while then played a little guitar for everyone.



Shortly after that, Darren and I headed back to Concord. We ended up getting into town around 6:30 and I couldn't help but take a nap. My nap lasted until after 9:00pm and after that we decided not to go out for fireworks. We could hear them in the apartment pretty well but we never saw any. It was kind of disappointing. . . but there's always next year.



0 comments: